Wednesday 5 June 2013

Late 2012: accretion disk

October.
I thought of creating a game app. The game was stupid (I like stupid) but I quickly realised that it was pretty much a silly version of pick-a-path books. An app of that would really be nothing more than a bunch of hyperlinked pages. Adding sound and images would have made the app size too large. The idea of an app got shelved.

November.
Going back to tabletop games, I started off trying to create what I thought was a pretty clever game. I had a lot of good ideas, a lot of ideas that were worth developing, and a lot of bad ideas (and that's being euphemistic). This "game for gamers" soon became too convoluted so I shelved it. I then began to think of something simple (mechanically and thematically) that I could create, with the goal of transferring this mechanic to the original "masterpiece".

December.
The throwaway game that I started working on actually became quite enjoyable to work on. I also started working on a space version of the game.
In addition, I started working on a card game about a television show, which I can't yet name. Ooh, get me, aren't I enigmatic! Rest assured though: as soon as my game gets rejected, I will name the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment